From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS tutorial for the brain dead sysadmin?
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 08:15:20
1 On Tuesday 29 July 2014 12:19:14 behrouz khosravi wrote:
2 > oh my bad!
3 > Believe me, I did an honest mistake! and I am very sorry for that.
4 > Thanks for you help and again, may apologies.
5 >
6 > On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 8:27 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
7 > > On Mon, 28 Jul 2014 19:59:16 +0430, behrouz khosravi wrote:
8 > > > I was wondering that is it possible to make portage to sync a only a
9 > > > subset of portage tree. For example I have not installed Gnome and I
10 > > > dont want to sysc command download ebuilds related to this branch.
11 > >
12 > > Please do not top-post
13 > > Please do not hijack threads.
14 > >
15 > > If you have a new question to ask, start a new thread, don't use a thread
16 > > dedicated to a different question.
17 > >
18 > > The short answer to your question is "no" - unless you want to start
19 > > messing with RSYNC_OPTS in make.conf to add exclude directives, but that
20 > > could break dependency resolution.
21
22 And besides, a few gnome packages are needed by other parts of the system. My
23 KDE box, for example, has gnome-base/libglade and gnome-base/librsvg:
26 So you shouldn't want to do it anyway.
29 Regards
30 Peter