From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New monitor problems. < sighs >
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:25:59
1 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 15 December 2010 11:20:20 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> J. Roeleveld wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Dale,
7 >>>
8 >>> Rather then rebooting, did you shut down the whole machine, eg. power off
9 >>> and unplug power and then start it again?
10 >>>
11 >>> I have, in the past, had issues where a card wasn't being "reset"
12 >>> properly during a reboot and only a cold start would lead to correct
13 >>> behaviour.
14 >>>
15 >>> --
16 >>> Joost Roeleveld
17 >>>
18 >> I did once but about to try that again. I recall people having that
19 >> sort of issue with networks cards before too. I swapped plugs so it was
20 >> without thinking that I did that. Couldn't hurt. ;-)
21 >>
22 >> Thanks.
23 >>
24 >> Dale
25 >>
26 >> :-) :-)
27 >>
28 > Dale,
29 >
30 > The following is not a joke.
31 >
32 > If you switched plugs, I am assuming you may have physically moved the
33 > machine.
34 > If yes, can you try moving it back to where it was before?
35 >
36 > I have solved a problem with a PC once for a friend by moving it to the other
37 > side of their house.
38 > (They were living close to a railroad with overhead lines)
39 >
40 > --
41 > Joost
45 Actually, it is sitting in the same place. I just wanted to sort out
46 some cables from the old rig. I shutdown just in case I snagged
47 soemthing, like a power cord or something. I did unhook everything a
48 minute ago and it is still the same.
49
50 Dale
51