From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New monitor problems. < sighs >
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:56:02
1 On Wednesday 15 December 2010 11:20:20 Dale wrote:
2 > J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > Dale,
4 > >
5 > > Rather then rebooting, did you shut down the whole machine, eg. power off
6 > > and unplug power and then start it again?
7 > >
8 > > I have, in the past, had issues where a card wasn't being "reset"
9 > > properly during a reboot and only a cold start would lead to correct
10 > > behaviour.
11 > >
12 > > --
13 > > Joost Roeleveld
14 >
15 > I did once but about to try that again. I recall people having that
16 > sort of issue with networks cards before too. I swapped plugs so it was
17 > without thinking that I did that. Couldn't hurt. ;-)
18 >
19 > Thanks.
20 >
21 > Dale
22 >
23 > :-) :-)
24
25 Dale,
26
27 The following is not a joke.
28
29 If you switched plugs, I am assuming you may have physically moved the
30 machine.
31 If yes, can you try moving it back to where it was before?
32
33 I have solved a problem with a PC once for a friend by moving it to the other
34 side of their house.
35 (They were living close to a railroad with overhead lines)
38 Joost