From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dependency conflict. openjpeg ffmpeg
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 09:09:23
1 On Sun, 15 Jun 2014 03:59:25 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > Though I would prefix the atom with ~ instead of = to cover patch
4 > > level updates.
5
6 > I have looked for a place where it is documented how to do that. I know
7 > there is a lot of ways to add packages to those files with <=> and such
8 > in front of the package names. Do you have a link to some docs on
9 > that? If not, some examples would be cool.
10
11 man portage
12 man 5 ebuild
13
14 The latter has more detail.
15
16 > Well, I was going to try adding the variable to make.conf as posted in
17 > another email. I think that may be better since this seems to be a
18 > issue that is "in flux" at the moment. ;-)
19
20 I think the very fluxiness of it would put me off enabling it globally
21 and set it case by case until things had settled down.
22
23 BTW eix-test-obsolete is a good tool for cleaning up /etc/portage,
24 finding all sorts of per-package settings you set and forgot about.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 But I thought YOU did the backups...