From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: status of dev-java/icedtea
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 23:36:52
1 On 2016-06-30 22:34 +0200, wabe wrote:
2
3 > Today I set -java in my make.conf, deinstalled projectx, recompiled
4 > libreoffice (never used lbase anyway) and so got rid of the whole
5 > java stuff on my system.
6
7 I agree with the general sentiment, but ... in a few cases there's no
8 reasonable alternative.
9
10 Example: games-board/cgoban2. I tried very hard to stay with the old,
11 crufty Xlib based (so java free) predecessor cgoban which I used on
12 Debian, but to make it usable at all its source needs to be patched, and
13 in a Catch-22 the ebuild doesn't use EAPI 5 so patching is hacky in the
14 extreme.
17 Please *no* private copies of mailing list or newsgroup messages.
18 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?