From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: status of dev-java/icedtea
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 14:03:12
1 > On 1 Jul 2016, at 00:28, Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > Example: games-board/cgoban2. I tried very hard to stay with the old,
4 > crufty Xlib based (so java free) predecessor cgoban which I used on
5 > Debian, but to make it usable at all its source needs to be patched, and
6 > in a Catch-22 the ebuild doesn't use EAPI 5 so patching is hacky in the
7 > extreme.
8
9 Surely if there’s an ebuild in the tree, yet it needs patching, you should be filing a bug to get the patch included.
10
11 An updated ebuild should be added to the tree, which will use EAPI 5 and include the patch.
12
13 Stroller.