From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: status of dev-java/icedtea
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 15:07:48
1 On 2016-07-01 15:02 +0100, Stroller wrote:
2
3 > Surely if there’s an ebuild in the tree, yet it needs patching, you
4 > should be filing a bug to get the patch included.
5
6 Even the patch is so horribly ugly that I cannot bring myself to do
7 this. The program has a hardcoded list of bitmap fonts, and the
8 particular fonts make it unusable on my huge screen; my patch replaces
9 the list with other bitmap fonts, equally hardcoded but suitable for my
10 environment.
11
12 I really doubt that such a patch would be accepted. Or any patch, in
13 fact; I half expect that the response would be "Why don't you just use
14 the nice java-based cgoban2?"
17 Please *no* private copies of mailing list or newsgroup messages.
18 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?