From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "wiping" unused space and/or secure erasing of files
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 03:02:23
1 On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 01:33, Mike Williams wrote:
2 > On Sunday 30 October 2005 09:08, Uwe Thiem wrote:
3 > > With the right hardware, forensics are *far* beyond this.
4 >
5 > The NSA *crush* old hardware.
6 > You ever seen a car crushed? Complete car, engine, drive train, interior,
7 > wheels, everything, crushed into a cube less than a meter cubed. I'd use
8 > one of them, and crush lots in one go. Or melt it down.
9 >
10 > --
11 > Mike Williams
12
13 Lol better safe than sorry right. All I can say is anyone who designs stuff to
14 do this sort of recovery has my respect. Just looking at a few of the OSS
15 tools available, such as found on
16 http://www.linux-forensics.com/
17 and http://www.forensiclug.com/
18
19 A LOT of man hours in such work!
22 Hard reality has a way of cramping your style.
23 -- Daniel Dennett
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list