From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "wiping" unused space and/or secure erasing of files
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 03:09:30
1 On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:57, Glenn Enright wrote:
2 > On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 01:33, Mike Williams wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 30 October 2005 09:08, Uwe Thiem wrote:
4 > > > With the right hardware, forensics are *far* beyond this.
5 > >
6 > > The NSA *crush* old hardware.
7 > > You ever seen a car crushed? Complete car, engine, drive train, interior,
8 > > wheels, everything, crushed into a cube less than a meter cubed. I'd use
9 > > one of them, and crush lots in one go. Or melt it down.
10 > >
11 > > --
12 > > Mike Williams
13 >
14 > Lol better safe than sorry right. All I can say is anyone who designs stuff
15 > to do this sort of recovery has my respect. Just looking at a few of the
16 > OSS tools available, such as found on
17 > http://www.linux-forensics.com/
18 > and http://www.forensiclug.com/
19 >
20 > A LOT of man hours in such work!
21 *cough* people-hours ;p. Scuse me
25 "Only the hypocrite is really rotten to the core."
26 -- Hannah Arendt.
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list