From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Annoying structure of /var/db/pkg/<category>/<package-name> database
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 08:15:38
1 Marc Joliet wrote:
2 > Am Fri, 10 May 2013 02:59:55 +0000 (UTC)
3 > schrieb "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6726@×××××××××.net>:
4 >
5 >> Having package data in /var/db/pkg/<category>/<package-name> carries
6 the nuisance factor that finding a package involves a fishing expedition
7 through many possible categories.
8 >>
9 >> I am spoiled by having /var/db/pkg/<package-name> in NetBSD pkgsrc
10 and FreeBSD ports, though FreeBSD is wsitching to a different structure
11 nkwon as pkgng.
12 >>
13 >> Is there any way to configure so as to avoid this annoyance in
14 Gentoo? Like maybe making /var/db/pkg/<package-name>?
15 >>
16 >> One can do
17 >> ls /var/db/pkg/*/<package-name> but this is still an annoyance.
18 >>
19 >> I have some limited experience with Gentoo Linux on my older
20 computer. Compiling the kernel took 130 minutes, and then the kernel
21 failed to boot.
22 >>
23 >> Tom
24 >
25 > Um... this is the exact same message you posted on the 8th of May and
26 to which
27 > you got three replies.
31 I'm glad you posted this. I thought maybe I had hit a time warp or
32 something. Since he posted it twice, I guess he still doesn't like it. :/
33
34 Dale
35
39 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
40 how you interpreted my words!