From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Annoying structure of /var/db/pkg/<category>/<package-name> database
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 07:19:13
1 Am Fri, 10 May 2013 02:59:55 +0000 (UTC)
2 schrieb "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6726@×××××××××.net>:
3
4 > Having package data in /var/db/pkg/<category>/<package-name> carries the nuisance factor that finding a package involves a fishing expedition through many possible categories.
5 >
6 > I am spoiled by having /var/db/pkg/<package-name> in NetBSD pkgsrc and FreeBSD ports, though FreeBSD is wsitching to a different structure nkwon as pkgng.
7 >
8 > Is there any way to configure so as to avoid this annoyance in Gentoo? Like maybe making /var/db/pkg/<package-name>?
9 >
10 > One can do
11 > ls /var/db/pkg/*/<package-name> but this is still an annoyance.
12 >
13 > I have some limited experience with Gentoo Linux on my older computer. Compiling the kernel took 130 minutes, and then the kernel failed to boot.
14 >
15 > Tom
16
17 Um... this is the exact same message you posted on the 8th of May and to which
18 you got three replies.
21 Marc Joliet
22 --
23 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
24 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup