From: David Morgan <david.morgan@××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stable MythTV removed from portage?
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 21:56:45
1 On 09:34 Tue 04 Jul , Nick Rout wrote:
2 > On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 06:05:30 -0700
3 > Mark Knecht wrote:
4 > > More importantly (to me) is that when looking at a distro like this
5 > > what are the issues with leaving an older revision in portage? I
6 > > don't see what the maintainance issues are. It's been a working ebuild
7 > > for a long time. Why remove it. Just leave it there.
8 >
9 > How far back should it go? Should we leave beta versions of firefox in
10 > portage? How about kde 1? How bloody big do you want the portage tree to
11 > be? How about when some dependency is no longer compatible with myth
12 > 0.18 ?
15 More importantly, there was a security issue with the version that was
16 removed.
19 Join The no2id Coalition, http://www.no2id.net/
20
21 djm