From: Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge is "Waiting for lirc_client.o.lock to be removed"
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:20:20
1 On 1/12/2006 10:59 AM Neil Bothwick said the following:
2
3 >On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:45:30 -0800, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
7 >>I've stopped lircd, removed all lirc kernel modules, searched the
8 >>entire file system for a file named "lirc_client.o.lock", searched
9 >>Google for the same, even rebooted, and am still stuck at this point.
10 >>I keep using 'emerge --resume' to retry as i don't want to rebuild the
11 >>130+ things that have already been built. I just want to continue with
12 >>the remaining 250+.
13 >>
14 >>Any ideas on how to overcome this hurdle?
18 >The short term fix is to use emerge --resume --skipfirst to continue with
19 >the next package in the list. It (probably) won't help fix the lircd
20 >problem, but it will let you emerge everything else.
24 Cool. Thanks for getting me going again. lirc is working anyway and
25 probably doesn't need rebuilding. Wonder why I didn't see "skipfirst"?
26
27 Drew
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list