From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KMail-2 duplicates
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 18:17:30
1 On Monday 06 Jul 2015 16:44:39 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Monday 06 July 2015 11:01:08 Mick wrote:
3 > > If you open the akonadi console you should be able to clear the akonadi
4 > > cache. This ought to follow with a re-indexing of your messages by
5 > > akonadi, hopefully without creating a duplicate of each message in your
6 > > Inbox folder.
7 >
8 > The only reference I can find to the cache in akonadi console v 0.99 is a
9 > "Cache only retrieval" tick box. I've set off a Synchronise All and I'll
10 > see if it does anything useful. Doesn't look like it.
11
12 Peter, I'm going from memory here, but I recovered from a kmail2 problem by
13 clearing the akonadi cache and thereby forcing a reindexing. I recall opening
14 the akonadi console from the tool tray and this offered me a GUI, which listed
15 the various KDEPIM resources. I right clicked on the corrupted folder and
16 selected to clear the cache; in my case it would not list any messages and was
17 hanging when trying to sync with the mail server. This fixed it.
18
19 Are you looking at the same place?
20 --
21 Regards,