From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gnome 2.28
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 02:55:29
1 On 05/11/2010 06:28 PM, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > ...however, running another operating system just to
4 > read exchange email/calendaring (work nonsense!) - might just as well
5 > give up and run windows and outlook in a vm...
6
7 No! Resist those temptations The Devil(TM) puts in your way. Why would
8 you consider running Yet Another Windows vm when you could just as easily
9 run an ~x86 gentoo vm instead, and answer your own questions about the
10 latest versions of evolution?
11
12 My only interest here is whether I can advise the (very few) people I
13 know who depend on MS Exchange to switch to linux/gnome/evolution as a
14 reasonable alternative. (I'm happy to say that I'm not one of those
15 people, but it's only my good luck that I'm not.)
16
17 How do you happen to know what recent versions of evolution have to offer
18 if you are not actually using them?
19
20 Come on now, you already know vbox very well, so how much time would it
21 cost you to do a binary vbox install of gentoo ~x86 to test evolution for
22 yourself, eh?
23
24 I'd really like to know the answer to your question about evolution, but
25 I have no way of testing it myself -- or I would be testing it right now.