From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel options and udisk
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 14:35:55
1 On Tuesday 18 September 2012 02:13:14 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 7:25 PM, Peter Humphrey
3 >
4 > <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > > I resent the kernel's insistence on deciding when my monitor should
6 > > be switched off. I'm perfectly capable of doing that myself, thank
7 > > you very much.
8 >
9 > Well, if that's the way you feel, you obviously don't use (nor need)
10 > udisks, and take care of everything that goes on with your machine,
11 > like when to flush I/O or when to move memory pages to swap.
12
13 No, of course not. That would be silly. I just like to have the monitor
14 under my control, that's all.
17 Rgds
18 Peter