From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FLAC to mp3 converters?
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 03:18:48
1 On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> 2008/11/4 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>:
5 >>> > Hi,
6 >>> > I'm wondering if anyone has a good way to convert a large hierarcy
7 >>> > of directories populated with FLAC files to a new set of directories
8 >>> > using mp3 instead? The FLAC directory contains something like 20000
9 >>> > files so I need the converted structure to replicate the original.
10 >>> > Most likely the tool has to be very tolerant of file naming, unicode,
11 >>> > etc., as there are likely to be any number of strange things in there.
12 >>> >
13 >>> > Possibly something in perl or, for the likes of me, even something GUI
14 >>> > based.
15 >>
16 >> GUI-based: media-sound/soundkonverter
17 >
18 > Try also media-sound/soundconverter for a gnome version
22 I tried this. It converts a single album correctly but fails horribly
23 at collections of dozens and dozens of directories. It seems to get
24 very confused.
25
26 I guess I'll try the KDE version to see if it works any better.
27
28 Thanks for the help,
29 Mark