From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FLAC to mp3 converters?
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 20:24:15
1 On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >> 2008/11/4 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>:
3 >> > Hi,
4 >> > I'm wondering if anyone has a good way to convert a large hierarcy
5 >> > of directories populated with FLAC files to a new set of directories
6 >> > using mp3 instead? The FLAC directory contains something like 20000
7 >> > files so I need the converted structure to replicate the original.
8 >> > Most likely the tool has to be very tolerant of file naming, unicode,
9 >> > etc., as there are likely to be any number of strange things in there.
10 >> >
11 >> > Possibly something in perl or, for the likes of me, even something GUI
12 >> > based.
13 >
14 > GUI-based: media-sound/soundkonverter
15
16 Try also media-sound/soundconverter for a gnome version