From: Vlad Dogaru <ddvlad@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Looking for a minimalist image viewer / organizer
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 18:57:55
1 On 1/15/07, Michal 'vorner' Vaner <michal.vaner@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 03:16:02PM +0200, Vlad Dogaru wrote:
4 > > Hello,
5 > >
6 > > Browsing getoo-wiki.com for an image viewer, I only found Gthumb, which
7 > > depends on GNOME. I use Fluxbox because I have an older computer and
8 > would
9 > > like to keep dependencies at a minimum. Any suggestions? I only need a
10 > > viewer; organising my pictures is not a plus. No exotic formats, just
11 > jpeg,
12 > > gif and the usual.
13 >
14 > How much minimalistic? xload image? Or gqview? (the second depends on
15 > gtk, if I remember correctly)
18 Hi Michal,
19
20 Thanks for suggesting gqview; I used it briefly when I had GNOME and liked
21 it, but forgot about it meanwhile. GTK is one of the few toolkits I can live
22 with (actually, the only), since I have this organic need for Gaim ;)
23
24 Cheers,
25 Vlad