From: Ryan Crisman <nxarmada@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage Emerge Net Connect Error
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:52:07
1 I do a ping distfiles.gentoo.org
2 ping: unknown host distfiles.gentoo.org
3
4 Than i try and ping its ip and i get
5 connect: network is unreachable
6
7 Pinging www.Google.com:
8 connect: network is unreachable
9
10 contents of resolv.conf
11 domain localdomain
12 nameserver 192.168.1.1
13 nameserver 192.168.1.1
14
15 But as i said before I am able to browser the web in Firefox.
16
17 On 1/12/07, PaulNM <gentoo@×××××××××.com> wrote:
18 >
19 > Ryan Crisman wrote:
20 > > Everytime I attempt to install a new program using portage i get this
21 > > error:
22 > >
23 > > Resolving distfiles.gentoo.org... failed: Temporary failure in name
24 > > resolution.
25 > >
26 > > I do have internet access and I am writing this email from the same
27 > > machine. It doesn't matter what package or when i get this error all
28 > the
29 > > time. Even on the other mirrors for the package.
30 >
31 > Well, for some reason dns lookup for those sites fail. What happens
32 > when you put distfiles.gentoo.org in a web browser? You could also try
33 > pinging the repositories first, and if they get though, try emerge
34 > again. If emerge still fails, I'd try adding them to the host file with
35 > whatever ip you get from pinging as a workaround.
36 >
37 > PaulNM
38 >
39 > --