From: PaulNM <gentoo@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage Emerge Net Connect Error
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:33:52
1 Ryan Crisman wrote:
2 > Everytime I attempt to install a new program using portage i get this
3 > error:
4 >
5 > Resolving distfiles.gentoo.org... failed: Temporary failure in name
6 > resolution.
7 >
8 > I do have internet access and I am writing this email from the same
9 > machine. It doesn't matter what package or when i get this error all the
10 > time. Even on the other mirrors for the package.
11
12 Well, for some reason dns lookup for those sites fail. What happens
13 when you put distfiles.gentoo.org in a web browser? You could also try
14 pinging the repositories first, and if they get though, try emerge
15 again. If emerge still fails, I'd try adding them to the host file with
16 whatever ip you get from pinging as a workaround.
17
18 PaulNM
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list