From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is 2008.0_beta2 stable enough?
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 08:27:38
1 On Thu, 22 May 2008 11:18:43 +0300, Sergey Kobzar wrote:
2
3 > I have a new laptop and want install Gentoo on it but not sure which
4 > profile to use. Is 2008.0 beta 2 stable enough for desktop or I should
5 > still use 2007?
6
7 I've been running with 2008.0/desktop profiles for a few weeks with no
8 problems, but a profile isn't much more than a collection of USE flags,
9 so installing with 2007.0 and switching later is simple. A more important
10 question is whether you want to run a stable or testing arch. From your
11 question, I'd say you should run stable; ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=x96 or amd64.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 To be intoxicated is to feel sophisticated but not be able to say it.