From: David Abbott <david@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Compilation aborted for setuptools-0.6.12
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 02:03:29
1 On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 7:38 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > And yes: I need python 3.1 (building the svn version of blender needs
3 > it, which gets installed under /uss/local/...)
4 >
5 > Is this the infamous cat, which bits into its own tail... ?
6 >
7 > Best regards,
8 > mcc
11 You can set your main active version of python as 2.6, and still have
12 3.1 installed to build and run Blender.
13 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/Python/developersguide.xml
14
15 I have not seen the ebuild you are using for your svn version of
16 blender so not sure if it will work as is.
17 Python is not ready as yet to run as your main active version yet and
18 looks like you found one of the reasons.
21 David Abbott (dabbott)