From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Compilation aborted for setuptools-0.6.12
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 03:03:34
1 David Abbott <david@×××××××××.com> [10-06-20 04:51]:
2 > On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 7:38 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
3 > > And yes: I need python 3.1 (building the svn version of blender needs
4 > > it, which gets installed under /uss/local/...)
5 > >
6 > > Is this the infamous cat, which bits into its own tail... ?
7 > >
8 > > Best regards,
9 > > mcc
12 > You can set your main active version of python as 2.6, and still have
13 > 3.1 installed to build and run Blender.
14 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/Python/developersguide.xml
15 >
16 > I have not seen the ebuild you are using for your svn version of
17 > blender so not sure if it will work as is.
18 > Python is not ready as yet to run as your main active version yet and
19 > looks like you found one of the reasons.
20 >
21 > --
22 > David Abbott (dabbott)
26 May I cite myself from a previous posting into this thread:
27
28 > No, python 2.6 ist set according to the output of
29 >
30 > eselect python list
31 >
32 > python 3.1 is installed but not selected.
33 >
34 > What else can produce this compilation error?
35 >
36 > Best regards,
37 > mcc
41 I am not using an ebuild for the svn-version of Blender.
42 It is compiled "outside" Gentoo, installed under /usr/local
43 and the only thing, which may have "system-impact" (...) is
44 one big executable: Blender itsself. The whole thing cant
45 have any influence on the rest of the system.
46
47 And as said, eselect reports:
48
49 eselect python list