From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where are the AMD microcode updates for spectre?
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 09:00:09
3 > This has indeed been pretty frustrating.
4 >
5 > As far as I can tell there is no official AMD microcode update page, or any
6 > kind of official release notes. I'm not sure where linux-firmware actually
7 > gets the microcode files from (I'm sure they wouldn't load if they weren't
8 > genuine though). I can find no documentation as to what any of these
9 > updates actually do.
10 >
11 > It sounds like AMD intends for the microcode updates to be distributed via
12 > firmware updates, in which case the fixes would be done before boot. That
13 > is a good thing of course, but they should still release the microcode
14 > files themselves, and also have release notes for something like this.
17 https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/commit/?id=77101513943ef198e2050667c87abf19e6cbb1d8
18
19 Bulldozer and Zen updates!