From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange TCP timeout errors
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 23:27:38
1 On 06/10/2015 00:57, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > On 06/10/15 01:35, Grant wrote:
3 >> I've attached a PNG from Munin showing the TCP timeout errors on my
4 >> Gentoo server over the past month. The data is expressed in timeouts
5 >> per second and that rate is shown to be steadily increasing over the
6 >> past month. That seems strange to me. Munin doesn't show any other
7 >> data point increasing like this over the time period. Any ideas?
8 >>
9 >> - Grant
12 > weird - does it reset on an interface restart or reboot?
13
14 this would be my test #1
15
16 > Can you verify its not an artefact within munin (how?)
17
18 In theory, a misconfigured graph can do this. Munin can draw many
19 different types of graph, including cumulative values. Even for a data
20 type like this which is X events per unit time, if you tell munin to add
21 them all up, it will do so and graph it.
22
23 Qucik test is to look at the graph config.
27 Alan McKinnon
28 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com