From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: wayland
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:41:02
1 Stefan G. Weichinger <lists <at> xunil.at> writes:
4 > >> Anyone playing with wayland already?
5 >
6 > > Not yet.....
7 > > Closely related, is the QT5 approach to start experimenting.
8
9 > > This might help [1]
10
11 > > [1] http://qt-project.org/wiki/QtWayland
12
13 > hmm, thanks ... I am not sure how to apply this
14
15 Most Desktops will be a while before interacting with Wayland,
16 let alone supporting it natively, imho. Bloatware like gnome
17 and KDE will be the last to get QT5, Wayland and a myriad
18 of new, super_fast, secure desktop toys, imho.
19
20 > You suggest that by running QtWayland I might be able to run gnome with
21 > wayland?
22
23 I don't 'gnome' or 'kde' anything anymore. Those bloated, security risks
24 will be the last ones to support Wayland, imho.
25
26 LXQT(5) is way ahead on Wayland, as they already have testing version
27 of lxqt running on qt5 (grep this list archives for discussions).
28
29 "LXQt Got Full Support For Qt5. Wayland Support Will Be Soon Added"
32 http://linuxg.net/lxqt-got-full-support-for-qt5-wayland-support-will-be-soon-added/
35 Best to the site for help, as I'm not on the razor's edge
36 with LXQT. I'm working on other stuff for a few more weeks......
37 Skinny (LXQT5) is the new "PHAT". Join the revolution. LXQT is up to
38 13 devs now. Project is 'on fire', so pull up a seat, and get
39 roasted!
40
41 hth,
42 James