From: Pavel Volkov <sailor@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wayland
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 04:32:22
1 On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:40:36 AM MSK, James wrote:
2 > Bloatware like gnome and KDE will be the last to get QT5, Wayland and a
3 > myriad of new, super_fast, secure desktop toys, imho.
4
5 Well, KDE is already on Qt 5.
6 Strictly speaking, there's no "KDE" or "KDE SC" anymore.
7 There are 3 separate projects:
8 - KDE Frameworks 5 (released already)
9 - KDE Plasma 5 (released too)
10 - KDE Applications 5 (this or is not yet released)
11
12 Qt 4 apps will still be able to work with Frameworks 5 and Plasma 5.
13
14 As for Wayland, we should not worry about KDE or GNOME not supporting it
15 but rather about nvidia or amd video driver. Nouveau is still slow and I
16 doubt it'll show decent perfomance in near future.