From: Lorenzo Bandieri <lorenzo.bandieri@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google privacy changes
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:12:58
1 > Me, I use Chromium for using "social media" sites or Google services
2 > that I want to log-in to. Google+, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn. I
3 > don't use it for anything else.
4 >
5 > I use Firefox for everything else. I am not logged into any of those
6 > services in Firefox. I use RequestPolicy to block all third-party
7 > content unless I explicitly allow it. I also use noscript, adblock,
8 > flashblock, cookie monster. Everything is blocked by default except
9 > same-site images. My Firefox is like the armored tank of web browsing:
10 > big and slow and sometimes it crashes, but I feel safe inside it. :)
11
12 I have a setup similar to this. I use chromium on my main user for
13 gmail and other services that I often use and I want to stay logged
14 in. Main difference is that I have another user just for browsing
15 everything else.
16
17 I used to have simply another firefox profile on my main user, but
18 recently I decided to set a completely different user for what *I'd
19 like to be* "safe browsing". On this user I use Firefox with NoScript,
20 Flashblock, AdBlocker, plus it is set up to be in "incognito mode" by
21 default. The Flash cache is disabled also. With this user I do not
22 login in any site. I'm sick of all these policies about tracking users
23 and this constant siege to privacy. For this very reason I don't have
24 a facebook profile. I used to trust Google, but in recent years has
25 become increasingly intrusive.
26
27 Maybe slightly OT, but what do gentoo-users think about Tor?
28
29 Lorenzo
32 Nothing is interesting if you're not interested.