From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - More Mythtv problems
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 23:19:44
1 OK. I'm using mythtv-0.19_p9163-r1. I have a few questions:
2
3 First of all, it takes a really long time to register any kind of
4 database action (around five seconds), so if I say to record a program,
5 or to not record a program that is set to record, it takes a really long
6 time for it to register. Is there any way I could speed it up?
7
8 Secondly, I have no sound in MythTV - at least when watching LiveTV. Is
9 there something else I have to set up? I have perfect sound in xmms. I
10 use alsa. How can I get sound in Myth?
11
12 Thirdly, what happened to the buffering aspect when watching LiveTV? I
13 don't want LiveTV I watch to stick around forever taking up space, and I
14 don't want to have to delete the programs I watch in LiveTV manually
15 inside the interface, or outside in the shell. Is there a way I can get
16 the old behaviour back?
17
18 Fourthly, when I'm looking at a listing, I'd like to see the callsign
19 (ABC, FOX, Disney, etc, etc) instead of the channel number. Is this
20 possible?
21
22 Thanks for your help!
23 -Michael Sullivan-