From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FLAC to mp3 converters?
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 17:16:13
1 On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 15:12:44 -0200, Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto wrote:
2
3 > I wouldn't trust something GUI-based; it would probably call the mp3
4 > encoder with suboptimal default settings.
5
6 Any decent program would let you adjust the MP3 settings.
7
8 > I would write a script
9 > myself. For flac decoding use (of course) media-libs/flac; for mp3
10 > encoding, media-sound/lame. You can probably chain them in a pipe,
11 > using flac -dc infile.flac | mp3lame <lameopts> - outfile.mp3 . Read
12 > lame's man page and write a shell (or perhaps python/perl) script.
13
14 You also need to extract the ID3 tags from the FLAC file and then write
15 them to the MP3 file.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 I am Flatulus of Borg. Pull my finger.