From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: thunar won't build?
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:18:37
1 On 13 February 2007 19:33, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 13 February 2007, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 > > I'd like to apologize for the attitude in this posting.  I've
4 > > been using Gentoo for over a year and I've always been
5 > > extremely frustrated with the Gentoo bug search facility. I
6 > > never realized that the search on the main bugs.gentoo.org page
7 > > only searched for open bugs.  I guess everybody else was just
8 > > born knowing that and I missed out on the Gentoo bug search
9 > > gene somehow.
10 >
11 > So thaaaaaaaaat's why I also keep getting such sparse search results
12 > when I go looking for stuff on bgo. Hmmmmmm........
13 >
14 > We have two explanations:
15 >
16 > 1. Grant and Alan are both as thick as two short planks
17
18 The meme (*not* gene) of having to select something different than the default
19 for getting a complete report has been around for quite some time.
20 Unfortunately, there hadn't been any evolutionary selection for it until very
21 recently. Thus it hadn't time to spread to southern Africa despite modern
22 communication technology. Actually, it hasn't even penetrated the US fully as
23 Grant stands as an example.
24
25 > 2. bgo's ui is non-intuitive
26
27 An intuitive UI is an oxymoron. There are good UIs and bad ones. UIs that
28 default to reasonable options and ones that don't. Consistent ones and
29 others. UIs that take user experiences into account and those that don't. UIs
30 that try to take the user's POV seriously and those that insist that the
31 programmers POV is all there is. That said, I have never ever seen any
32 intuitive UI. ;-)
33
34 Uwe
35 (a GUI programmer)
38 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
39 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
40 Proof of concept of a TSP solver for KDE:
41 http://www.SysEx.com.na/epat-0.1.tar.bz2
42 --
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list