From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3 and Kconvert
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 23:43:43
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 01:20:02PM -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
5 >>
6 >>> Am Samstag, 20. Februar 2010 schrieb Dale:
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >>>
10 >>>> So, it wants to rebuild Kconvert but there is no such thing in portage.
11 >>>> I have the kde-sunset layman up to date as well. Also, I do use
12 >>>> Kconvert so I don't want to get rid of it either.
13 >>>>
14 >>>> Is there a way to fix this? Oh, the news item is not related. I read
15 >>>> it but plan to go back to it one day when I have more time to mess with it.
16 >>>>
17 >>>> Thanks.
18 >>>>
19 >>>> Dale
20 >>>>
21 >>>>
22 >>> You can do what I do when I want to keep a package that?s been removed from
23 >>> portage: copy the overlay from /var/db/pkg/¹ to your local overlay
24 >>> at /usr/local/prtage.
25 >>>
26 >>> ¹ Basically, that?s where portage keeps copies of all installed ebuilds.
27 >>>
28 >>>
29 >> I may end up doing that. I thought the KDE 3 stuff was supposed to move
30 >> over to kde-sunset. Did they just miss this one package maybe?
31 >>
32 >> I may just do a quickpkg of the thing, unmerge it, let it do the other
33 >> updates and then put it back. ;-)
34 >>
35 >> Dale
36 >>
40 > Dale, you sly, sly man.
41 >
42 > Hats off ;-)
46 Keep your hat on. I don't have those thoughts very often. I do have my
47 "hal" moments tho. lol I'm starting to have some KDE moments to tho. o_O
48
49 Dale
50