From: Zeerak Mustafa Waseem <zeerak.w@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3 and Kconvert
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 22:05:33
1 On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 01:20:02PM -0600, Dale wrote:
2 > chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
3 > > Am Samstag, 20. Februar 2010 schrieb Dale:
6 > >> So, it wants to rebuild Kconvert but there is no such thing in portage.
7 > >> I have the kde-sunset layman up to date as well. Also, I do use
8 > >> Kconvert so I don't want to get rid of it either.
9 > >>
10 > >> Is there a way to fix this? Oh, the news item is not related. I read
11 > >> it but plan to go back to it one day when I have more time to mess with it.
12 > >>
13 > >> Thanks.
14 > >>
15 > >> Dale
16 > >>
17 > > You can do what I do when I want to keep a package that?s been removed from
18 > > portage: copy the overlay from /var/db/pkg/¹ to your local overlay
19 > > at /usr/local/prtage.
20 > >
21 > > ¹ Basically, that?s where portage keeps copies of all installed ebuilds.
24 > I may end up doing that. I thought the KDE 3 stuff was supposed to move
25 > over to kde-sunset. Did they just miss this one package maybe?
26 >
27 > I may just do a quickpkg of the thing, unmerge it, let it do the other
28 > updates and then put it back. ;-)
29 >
30 > Dale
31 >