From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fwd: [gentoo-project] With regard to udev stabilization
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 03:38:42
1 On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 07:24:54PM -0500, Michael Mol wrote
2 > On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 09:20:42PM -0600, Dale wrote
4 > >>
5 > >> Well, it appears we have someone willing to fork udev. Yeppie !!
6 > >> Me, I'm looking forward to seeing how this works and giving it a test
7 > >> run when it gets ready. Since it is a fork, shouldn't be to long,
8 > >> I hope.
9 > >
10 > > BTW, this has hit Slashdot...
11 > > http://linux.slashdot.org/story/12/11/16/2052203/gentoo-developers-fork-udev
12 >
13 > Be sure to read Richard Yao's response:
14 > http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=3256499&cid=42006113
15
16 I understand that he's still getting the effort organized. I am not a
17 C programmer, but if the effort needs any beta testers, I'm willing to
18 volunteer. BTW, it looks like Lennart Poettering is more unpopular than
19 Steve Ballmer on Slashdot.
22 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
23 We are apparently better off trying to avoid udev like the plague.
24 Linus Torvalds; 2012/10/03 https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/3/349