From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best webmail
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 06:47:50
1 On 26 Jun 2006, at 21:54, kashani wrote:
2
3 > Tibor Liktor wrote:
4 >> roundcube?
5 >> http://www.roundcube.net/
6 >
7 > Unfortunately after a nice release back in Feb the project is
8 > looking like it's dead in the water.
9
10 What makes you say that? The changelog seems to suggest activity.
11 http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/wiki/Changelog
12
13 > Roundcube is a little feature short to be a full webmail system for
14 > real users though it's passable if you just need a web interface to
15 > get to your mail on occasion.
16
17 God, is the drag & drop slick, tho'!
18 (or maybe I'm just an old-feller who never tried the latest Yahoo /
19 Gmail offerings on a supported browser)
20
21 Since I use a real mail client most of the time Roundcube seems ideal
22 for me. From the demo on their site I'm quite impressed - it seems
23 very fast, although I find double-clicking to open a message in a web-
24 browser a little non-intuitive. I would love it if they gave a
25 preview of the message if you clicked on its subject in the message
26 list.
27
28 Like Jamie I find Squirrelmail a little slow.
29
30 Stroller.
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list