From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: evdev broken?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 03:39:41
1 On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:10 AM, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:05 AM, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com
4 > > wrote:
5 >
6 >> On 2011-07-20, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >> > Hi, All
8 >> >
9 >> > Recently, after blindingly emerging world, X11/Xorg stopped to accept
10 >> mouse
11 >> > and keyboard events. After some ways to figure out what was going on, I
12 >> > found that it seems related to "evdev".
13 >> >
14 >> > Anybody noticed something like that? The xorg-server package (or
15 >> > xorg-drivers, can't remember nor check now, because I had to use Windows
16 >> >:-( ) is being built with "evdev" flag, but there is an error in the log
17 >> > file about evdev could not be found, as long as "dri" and "dri2". I am
18 >> using
19 >> > nvidia proprietary video driver.
20 >>
21 >> You probably just need to re-emerge the xf86-input packages that you
22 >> have installed. That happens after every update to the Xorg server,
23 >> and there are probably messages in the portage log to that effect.
24 >>
25 >> --
26 >> Grant
30 > Thank you, gonna try it
31 >
32 > --
33 > Francisco
37 It worked. Thanks a lot!! Back to Gentoo / X11 again ;-)
38
39 Francisco