From: Heiko Zinke <mails@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fetchmail + certs = problems
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 19:57:32
1 On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 12:31:38PM +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > fetchmail's log told me, that there is something wrong with the setup
5 > of the certificats.
6 >
7 > In the log there is the following section
8 > fetchmail: Server certificate:
9 > fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Thawte Consulting cc
10 > fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: Thawte Premium Server CA
11 > fetchmail: Subject CommonName: pop.gmx.net
12 > fetchmail: pop.gmx.net key fingerprint: A6:57:BC:4A:97:AD:DB:99:00:E9:3A:B8:81:55:D7:B6
13 > fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: unable to get local issuer certificate
14 > fetchmail: This means that the root signing certificate (issued for /C=DE/ST=Bayern/L=Munich/O=GMX GmbH/CN=pop.gmx.net) is not in the trusted CA certificate locations, or that c_rehash needs to be run on the certificate directory. For details, please see the documentation of --sslcertpath and --sslcertfile in the manual page.
15 > fetchmail: Server certificate:
16 > fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Thawte Consulting cc
17 > fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: Thawte Premium Server CA
18 > fetchmail: Subject CommonName: pop.gmx.net
19 > fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: certificate not trusted
20 > fetchmail: Server certificate:
21 > fetchmail: Issuer Organization: Thawte Consulting cc
22 > fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: Thawte Premium Server CA
23 > fetchmail: Subject CommonName: pop.gmx.net
24 > fetchmail: Server certificate verification error: unable to verify the first certificate
25 > fetchmail: Warning: the connection is insecure, continuing anyways. (Better use --sslcertck!)
28 > In beforehand I did the following:
29
30 i did pretty much the same thing without success :(
31
32 but the sslcertfile option in the default section of my .fetchmailrc finaly solved the problem:
33 heiko@chiefwiggum:~> cat .fetchmailrc
34 defaults
35 proto pop3
36 limit 0
37 mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"
38 sslcertfile /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
39
40 poll pop.1und1.de
41 user "xxx" keep ssl
42
43 poll pop.gmx.net
44 user "xxx" keep ssl
47 option sslcertfile in the fetchmail manpage and the update-ca-certificates manpage gave me the hint.
48
49 cheers
50 heiko
59 This email is not and cannot, by its nature, be confidential. En route
60 from me to you, it will pass across the public Internet, easily readable
61 by any number of system administrators along the way. If you have received
62 this message by mistake, it would be ridiculous for me to tell you not to
63 read it or copy to anyone else, because, let's face it, if it's a message
64 revealing confidential information or that could embarrass me intensely,
65 that's precisely what you'll do. Who wouldn't? Likewise, it is superfluous
66 for me to claim copyright in the contents, because I own that anyway, even
67 if you print out a hard copy or disseminate this message all over the known
68 universe.
69 I don't know why so many corporate mail servers feel impelled to attach
70 a disclaimer to the bottom of every email message saying otherwise. If
71 you don't know either, why not email your corporate lawyers and system
72 administrators and ask them why they insist on contributing so much to
73 the waste of bandwidth? To say nothing of making the presence of your mail
74 on public discussions or mailinglists of explicitly contratictory nature.
75 May as well just delete it, eh? Oh, and this message is probably plagued
76 with viruses as well.