From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Issue 3 - CD Playing
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 18:33:27
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I just thought of something, what about the permissions of the device
4 > itself?
5 >
6 > root@fireball / # ls -al /dev/cdrom1
7 > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 Oct 14 20:41 /dev/cdrom1 -> sr0
8 > root@fireball / # ls -al /dev/sr0
9 > brw-rw---- 1 root cdrom 11, 0 Oct 14 20:41 /dev/sr0
10 > root@fireball / #
11 >
12 > Now keep in mind, I don't have the little cable thingy to go from the CD
13 > drive to the audio card. So, I don't know for sure that I can play a CD
14 > either. This is one bad thing about a Cooler Master HAF-932 case. It
15 > needs longer cables and I don't have one.
16
17 Did you try to use "cdda2wav" to play audio?
18
19 Jörg
22 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
23 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)