From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Issue 3 - CD Playing
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:39:28
1 James wrote:
2 > Colleen Beamer<colleen.beamer<at> gmail.com> writes:
6 >> Any ideas?
7 > Did you check audio and cdrom (etc) in /etc/group ?
8 >
9 > and the user group permissions in general.
10 >
11 > hth,
12 > James
16 I just thought of something, what about the permissions of the device
17 itself?
18
19 root@fireball / # ls -al /dev/cdrom1
20 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 Oct 14 20:41 /dev/cdrom1 -> sr0
21 root@fireball / # ls -al /dev/sr0
22 brw-rw---- 1 root cdrom 11, 0 Oct 14 20:41 /dev/sr0
23 root@fireball / #
24
25 Now keep in mind, I don't have the little cable thingy to go from the CD
26 drive to the audio card. So, I don't know for sure that I can play a CD
27 either. This is one bad thing about a Cooler Master HAF-932 case. It
28 needs longer cables and I don't have one.
29
30 Dale
31