From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Issue 3 - CD Playing
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:53:08
1 Hi, Dale.
2
3 On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:37:49PM -0500, Dale wrote:
4 > > Colleen Beamer<colleen.beamer<at> gmail.com> writes:
5
6 > >> Any ideas?
7
8 > Now keep in mind, I don't have the little cable thingy to go from the
9 > CD drive to the audio card. So, I don't know for sure that I can play
10 > a CD either. This is one bad thing about a Cooler Master HAF-932 case.
11 > It needs longer cables and I don't have one.
12
13 I don't have such a little cable either. I play audio CDs with aqualung.
14 The data flows from the DVD drive through the SATA bus etc. to the
15 processor, whence to the on-board sound "card" and then to the
16 loudspeakers.
17
18 Try aqualung for playing CDs.
19