From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adding Gentoo to Win-XP/NTSF machine
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 21:14:49
1 Thanks Mick,
2 I've never done the NTLDR method. That looks fairly interesting and
3 somewhat benign in the sense that (it appears...) I add an entry to
4 boot.ini to make Linux visible and then remove it if he doesn't end up
5 using Linux at all.
6
7 I'll check it out. I found this page:
8
9 http://jaeger.morpheus.net/linux/ntldr.php
10
11 and others like it. This pages recommend building a file for NT to
12 boot into Linux using this sort of command:
13
14 dd if=/dev/hdb1 of=bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1
15
16 Presumably I'd do this on the Gentoo boot sector after loading grub?
17
18 Last thing for now - does the Gentoo boot partition need to be
19 marked as bootable in fdisk? I'm not clear about that at all.
20
21 Cheers,
22 Mark
23