From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Libreoffice PDF conversion problem : bug report
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 09:07:18
1 150101 walt wrote:
2 > On 12/31/2014 04:40 AM, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> I want to revise the 1st page of a PDF on my Internet site.
4 >> The revision I created today has mangled some of the punctuation.
5 >> It occurred to me that it was perhaps being caused by importing a text file
6 >> &/or that the original import & PDF had been done by OpenOffice 3 ya .
7 >> However, apostrophes & extended dashes are mangled as shown above
8 >> even when I enter a completely new .odt file. I've tried changing the font
9 >> & using the PDF dialog under 'File', but the bad effect still happens.
10 >> This has to be a bug in LO : whatever the characters in the .odt ,
11 >> LO sb able to reproduce them correctly in the exported PDF .
12 >> I've submitted LibreOffice Bug 87903 .
13 >> Can anyone else reproduce this ?
14 > I'm running 4.3.5.2.0, the testing version on ~amd64,
15 > and I don't see the same export error,
16 > when I use the two test .odt files downloaded from your bug report.
17
18 Ah, interesting ! -- I'm using 4.3.4.1 , so perhaps it's been corrected.
19
20 > What app are you using to view the pdf files ?
21 > I'm using the document viewer from the Mate desktop,
22 > basically the same as the old gnome2 document viewer.
23
24 The problem occurs with Okular, Mupdf & Firefox's PDF viewer.
25
26 If anyone is new to this,
27 my egs are at http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~purslow/test/ .
31 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
32 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
33 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca