From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Libreoffice PDF conversion problem : bug report
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 01:03:16
1 On 12/31/2014 04:40 AM, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 141231 Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> 141229 Philip Webb wrote:
4 >>> I want to revise the 1st page of a PDF on my Internet site.
5 >>> The revision I created today has mangled some of the punctuation :
6 >> I've investigated further & the problem remains.
7 >> It occurred to me that it was perhaps being caused by importing a text file
8 >> &/or that the original import & PDF had been done by OpenOffice 3 ya .
9 >> However, apostrophes & extended dashes are mangled as shown above
10 >> even when I enter a completely new .odt file. I've tried changing the font
11 >> & using the PDF dialog under 'File', but the bad effect still happens.
12 >> This has to be a bug in LO : whatever the characters in the .odt ,
13 >> LO sb able to reproduce them correctly in the exported PDF .
14 >> It appears that I don't have a bug account with LO, so I've applied for one
15 >> & after checking whether anyone else has run into it, will report it.
16 >
17 > I've submitted LibreOffice Bug 87903 .
18 >
19 > Can anyone else reproduce this ?
20
21 I'm running 4.3.5.2.0, the testing version on ~amd64, and I don't see the same export
22 error when I use the two test .odt files downloaded from your bug report.
23
24 I don't think you said what app you're using to view the pdf files. I'm using
25 the document viewer from the Mate desktop, basically the same as the old gnome2
26 document viewer.