From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] two questions about gdm
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 12:29:11
1 Matthias Langer wrote:
2
3 > I've two questions about gdm (I use version 2.8.0.3):
4 >
5 > 1.) Recently I recognized that I get the following error message when
6 > logging in via gdm:
7 >
8 > "The configuration file contains
9 > an invalid command line for the
10 > login dialog, so using the default
11 > command. Please fix your
12 > configuration."
13 >
14 > Because of the fact that I'm normally logged in automatically by gdm,
15 > I can't say which upgrade led to this
16 > problem, but at least I've never edited any of gdms config files
17 > myself. Maybe someone can tell me which file
18 > is responsible for this mess, and maybe how to fix that ...
19 >
20 > 2.) Is there a way to force gdm to use a user defined screen
21 > resolution without messing around with xorg.conf ?
22 >
23 > Thanks, Matthias
24
25 This is just a repost ...