From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] two questions about gdm
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 22:43:06
1 On Sat, October 8, 2005 1:20 am, Matthias Langer said:
2 > Matthias Langer wrote:
3 >
4 >> I've two questions about gdm (I use version 2.8.0.3):
5 >>
6 >> 1.) Recently I recognized that I get the following error message when
7 >> logging in via gdm:
8 >>
9 >> "The configuration file contains
10 >> an invalid command line for the
11 >> login dialog, so using the default
12 >> command. Please fix your
13 >> configuration."
14 >>
15 >> Because of the fact that I'm normally logged in automatically by gdm,
16 >> I can't say which upgrade led to this
17 >> problem, but at least I've never edited any of gdms config files
18 >> myself. Maybe someone can tell me which file
19 >> is responsible for this mess, and maybe how to fix that ...
20
21 I had that problem too, I jusy went into the gdm confog dialog and fiddled
22 about, cannot remember what I changed , but it fixed it.
25 >> 2.) Is there a way to force gdm to use a user defined screen
26 >> resolution without messing around with xorg.conf ?
29 If you are like me you use something in gnome to set the screen res, but
30 that has no effect in gdm? I get the same, dunno how to fix it other than
31 going into xorg.conf
34 >> Thanks, Matthias
35 >
36 > This is just a repost ...