From: Jouni Kosonen <jouni.kosonen@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: crontab backup
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 02:23:00
1 Joseph wrote:
2
3 > I'm trying to backup crontab from various boxes to files, so I'm using
4 > (run once a month) 11 01 * * 5 crontab -l >
5 > /home/joseph/business/backup/crontabs/syscon7_joseph_crontab
6 >
7 > but I can from bash: cannot overwrite existing file
10 From "man bash":
11
12 Redirecting Output
13 ...
14 If the redirection operator is >, and the noclobber option to the
15 set builtin has been enabled, the redirection will fail if the file
16 whose name results from the expansion of word exists and is a regu‐
17 lar file. If the redirection operator is >|, or the redirection
18 operator is > and the noclobber option to the set builtin command
19 is not enabled, the redirection is attempted even if the file named
20 by word exists.
23 ---
24 Jouni