From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: crontab backup
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 02:57:52
1 On 09/17/14 05:22, Jouni Kosonen wrote:
2 >Joseph wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'm trying to backup crontab from various boxes to files, so I'm using
5 >> (run once a month) 11 01 * * 5 crontab -l >
6 >> /home/joseph/business/backup/crontabs/syscon7_joseph_crontab
7 >>
8 >> but I can from bash: cannot overwrite existing file
11 >From "man bash":
12 >
13 > Redirecting Output
14 >...
15 > If the redirection operator is >, and the noclobber option to the
16 > set builtin has been enabled, the redirection will fail if the file
17 > whose name results from the expansion of word exists and is a regu‐
18 > lar file. If the redirection operator is >|, or the redirection
19 > operator is > and the noclobber option to the set builtin command
20 > is not enabled, the redirection is attempted even if the file named
21 > by word exists.
22
23 Yes, that worked. Thanks
26 Joseph