From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody have kdebluetooth working?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 15:16:12
1 On Sunday 26 Feb 2012, Mick wrote:
2 > On Friday 24 Feb 2012 11:46:33 Mick wrote:
3 > > On Thursday 23 Feb 2012 12:47:00 James Broadhead wrote:
4 > > > On 23 February 2012 12:39, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
5 >
6 > wrote:
7 > > > > I have just tried to send a file from my phone to my laptop running
8 > > > > KDE 4.8.0 and it fails; the two devices never bind. When I set up
9 > > > > the laptop it was running KDE 4.6.3 and bluetooth worked fine. The
10 > > > > BlueZ libraries have changed substantially since, I think. Using
11 > > > > 'hcitool inq' works fine, it's the KDE dialogs which sit there
12 > > > > searching endlessly. Any recommended settings for /etc/bluetooth/*?
13 > > > > Doc is a bit hard to come by.
14 > > > >
15 > > > > TIA
16 > > > > -Robin
17 > > >
18 > > > Not exactly on-topic, but I recently got my bluetooth headset working
19 > > > without any major hassle using net-wireless/gnome-bluetooth by
20 > > > - Building the appropriate communications-types modules
21 > > > - Starting the bluetooth init script
22 > > > - Running bluetooth-wizard to pair and bluetooth-applet to
23 > > > connect/disconnect
24 > >
25 > > I'm using net-wireless/bluedevil-1.2.2 and I do not have any such
26 > > problems. However, I'm not using the whole KDE desktop and I'm still on
27 > > KDEPIM 4.4.11.1
28 >
29 > I had a go at browsing the filesystem on my Blackberry. It won't work.
30 >
31 > obexftp fails in each case to list the contents on the BB internal flash.
32 > When looking under Known Devices on the Bluedevil applet on the desktop,
33 > it says:
34 >
35 > "No supported services found"
36 >
37 > which make me think that the way this BB is set up, it won't share its fs
38 > with a PC.
39 >
40 > if your run:
41 >
42 > # sdptool browse <your_device_MAC_address>
43 >
44 > it will list a number of services that the device supports after you
45 > connect it to your PC.
46 >
47 > Although I could not browse any files using Dophin or obexftp, I was able
48 > to send and receive files using obex push.
49
50 I tried the browse but got "Protocol not supported". :(
51
52 -Robin
53 --
55 Robin Atwood.
56
57 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
58 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
59 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling