From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody have kdebluetooth working?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 14:57:06
1 On Friday 24 Feb 2012 11:46:33 Mick wrote:
2 > On Thursday 23 Feb 2012 12:47:00 James Broadhead wrote:
3 > > On 23 February 2012 12:39, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
4 wrote:
5 > > > I have just tried to send a file from my phone to my laptop running KDE
6 > > > 4.8.0 and it fails; the two devices never bind. When I set up the
7 > > > laptop it was running KDE 4.6.3 and bluetooth worked fine. The BlueZ
8 > > > libraries have changed substantially since, I think. Using 'hcitool
9 > > > inq' works fine, it's the KDE dialogs which sit there searching
10 > > > endlessly. Any recommended settings for /etc/bluetooth/*? Doc is a bit
11 > > > hard to come by.
12 > > >
13 > > > TIA
14 > > > -Robin
15 > >
16 > > Not exactly on-topic, but I recently got my bluetooth headset working
17 > > without any major hassle using net-wireless/gnome-bluetooth by
18 > > - Building the appropriate communications-types modules
19 > > - Starting the bluetooth init script
20 > > - Running bluetooth-wizard to pair and bluetooth-applet to
21 > > connect/disconnect
22 >
23 > I'm using net-wireless/bluedevil-1.2.2 and I do not have any such problems.
24 > However, I'm not using the whole KDE desktop and I'm still on KDEPIM
25 > 4.4.11.1
26
27 I had a go at browsing the filesystem on my Blackberry. It won't work.
28
29 obexftp fails in each case to list the contents on the BB internal flash. When
30 looking under Known Devices on the Bluedevil applet on the desktop, it says:
31
32 "No supported services found"
33
34 which make me think that the way this BB is set up, it won't share its fs with
35 a PC.
36
37 if your run:
38
39 # sdptool browse <your_device_MAC_address>
40
41 it will list a number of services that the device supports after you connect
42 it to your PC.
43
44 Although I could not browse any files using Dophin or obexftp, I was able to
45 send and receive files using obex push.
46
47 HTH.
48 --
49 Regards,